Virtual dressage testing and showing is catching fire across the nation! North American Western Dressage has been running virtual shows for 3 years with enormous success. But our friends that ride in a traditional dressage saddle have been waiting for us to included them and now, through Dressage on a Dime, traditional dressage riders can also experience the enormous benefits of virtual showing!
Riders have the option of videoing their ride at home or riding at a host barn and then submitting for scores by qualified judges.
The casual, low-key atmosphere is giving people confidence to ride, try, and have FUN! The virtual show system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and several times each year we offer special events with real ribbons and prizes!
There are just a few easy steps to follow:
1. Purchase your ride by clicking the button below.
2. Set up your arena in an area at least 50 feet wide x 100 feet long. Download the dressage court calculator for easy calculations of letter placement. Dressage Court Calculator NAWD 2014
Your arena doesn't need to be fancy. Any level area will work well and we have seen cones, trash cans, 5 gallon pails, just about anything used for markers
3. Have someone video your test from the position the judge would sit, just beyond "C". Your videographer should use zoom just enough to help the judge see, but don't cut off the horse's legs or the rider's head, and keep the angle wide enough to see the geometry of the ride.
Video from beginning to end of the test without stopping.
4. Upload the test to your own Youtube Channel, marked as "unlisted".
5. Send an email to email@example.com with the rider name, horse name, and link to the video.
We'll send the video to our judging team and you generally will have results within a week (often sooner). Results will be kept private and placed in your own personal "NAWD Vault", a place to keep all of your scoresheets so you can track your progress!
Scores may also be submitted for the NAWD Stars Achievement